Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Goal Reorientation

I am very relieved I have lowered my training goal from a full marathon to a half marathon. It was becoming increasingly difficult to balance my responsibilities of work, home ownership and running a family. I have also been dogged by a leg injury since late May.

Many of the training plans for a marathon include weekly runs of 12,16,18 and as many as 22 miles. I do not have the time to run for three or four hours of training nor do I have safe routes for running these lengths. Not to mention I physically crashed and burned this past weekend attempting to run a mere 13 miles.

I officially registered my change with the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront marathon yesterday. The half marathon will only take slightly more than two hours to complete, as opposed to the four and a half hours I would have needed for the full marathon. I should have sufficient energy after the half marathon to walk around the city of Toronto at either a museum or zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment