Thursday, June 18, 2009

Feeling Exhausted


I had every intention of completing a trial run of the course for the CMN Chocolate Miracle Run this morning but felt very fatigued and opted to rest today and tomorrow for Saturday morning's 5K race. I have to balance my desire to complete another workout with my body's ability to recover from the previous workout. I need to have an energy reserve to tap into Saturday morning.

By most accounts, we should have rain on Saturday. It's unclear yet as to whether it will be raining at 8:00 AM. Running a couple of miles in the rain should not present any formidable problems - unless it's a torrential downpour. I am not sure what would cause the race organizers to reschedule the race. I imagine it's on rain or shine. Race registration begins at 7:00 AM.

There will be door prizes awarded after the race.

I am planning to run a three mile loop around our neighborhood a total of four times on Sunday. This will be my last major training day for the 1/2 marathon in Connecticut on June 28th. My performance and recovery this Sunday will dictate whether I attempt to run on the 28th.

URL for the CMN Chocolate Miracle 5 K -> http://chocolatemiraclerace.com/default.aspx

Notables: I have logged over 100 miles of running on the pair of sneakers (Mizuno Wave Rider 12) I purchased this spring. They are holding up remarkably well with no visible tears on the uppers and an almost new looking sole. I imagine running on a track 95% of the time helps reduce sole wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment