Monday, June 8, 2009

Frustrations Mounting


Due to my ailing right leg, I have not run a decent training session since the third week of May. On Saturday morning, June 6th to be exact, I went to the Palmyra track to test if my leg had been sufficiently rehabilitated.

My leg was not fully healed but I was able to run like a peg-legged pirate for five kilometers at a 13 minute mile pace. It was my hope I could run through the pain because the source issue may have been muscle tightness. The muscle never loosened up and my 400 meter splits became progressively worse as I continued to run.

As it stands now, I am not in the best condition to run a 10K race due to my lack of recent training. I initially was regarding this as a race, but may have to downgrade this to a run to finish. Part of my motivation for wanting to run this race is to add to my medal collection. Once I am old and retired I will look back on these medals and have some embellished stories for my children as to how I earned them.

No comments:

Post a Comment