Wednesday, June 17, 2009

CMN Chocolate Miracle 5K Race preparations

I ran six miles yesterday and four miles today at the PHS track. The four miles was extremely difficult as it was right off the heels of the six mile run. My legs felt extremely heavy during the four mile run.

The majority of the race is run on Reese Avenue, the road connecting the Hershey Company's technical center to the Reese plant. It runs parallel to Route 422. In a nutshell, the first and last miles are relatively flat with a fair amount of hilly terrain during the second mile. There's a certain comfort level with running a course where you know exactly where you are and what you need to do to finish.

I worked as an IT consultant for the Hershey Company for seven years spanning from 1998 to 2004. I may run into an old acquaintance or two. Many of the people I was working with were just starting families so it will be neat to see their kids.

My current 5K personal record is 24 minutes 50 seconds for a 3.01 mile course at the Hershey Medical Center on May 30th. I ran a first mile of 7:51, second mile of 8:33, and a third mile of 8:24.

No comments:

Post a Comment