Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Palmyra Race - Run for the Children 5K

I received a flyer in the mail this week from the Palmyra Recreation and Parks department which listed a 5K race in town on Saturday May 9th @ 8:00 AM. I had planned to do a six mile run on Saturday in preparation for the Lansdale PA Broad St five miler.

The flyer mentioned it was the 4th annual run and was in memory of a Maggie Leach. From a brief internet search, it appears Maggie died in February 2006 at the age of seven. I could not find a cause of death. Her father, Mark W. Leach is a Family Practice doctor in Palmyra.

The race entrance fee is only $15 and includes a T-Shirt printed by En-Kay graphics, owned and operated by the Kristich's, fellow graduates of Palmyra Area high school.

The course is on the southern end of town on Hoffers road, near Reigle's airport on Route 117.

When I signed up for the race yesterday, May 5th, there were around 105 entrants for the race. I need to pick up a race packet on Friday afternoon. The packet includes a T-shirt, race number & race pins to affix the number to my shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment