Wednesday, May 20, 2009

2009 CMN/UFC Balloon Chaser's 5K Run


My next race is scheduled for Saturday May 30th @ 9:00 AM. The start and finish are located on the Hershey Medical Center campus, near the University Fitness Center. I have yet to find the race route for this race. I don't anticipate this course being flat as there are a fair amount of hilly roads on the western end of the HMC campus.

In each of the 5K's I have run so far I have run the first mile at a pace where I did not have any energy reserves remaining after 2.5 miles. I had a pasta dinner before my last five mile race and I feel it contributed to having a sufficient energy reserve to finish the race without walking. I would like to start making a pasta dinner the day before a race a habit.

My current 5K personal record is 25 minutes and 41 seconds. I would like to break 25 minutes, although I am starting to pull these times out of the air. As I run more 5K's it will become increasingly harder to set new PR's. Barring this course being excessively hilly, I should have an excellent prospect of setting a new 5K PR.

I don't anticipate being very competitive during my races this year due to the number of years of rust I need to shed. Next year I would like to set goals for my races. I want to keep running fun this year and merely finish the races.

No comments:

Post a Comment