Tuesday, May 19, 2009

High Mileage Month


I am currently on pace to run 60-70 miles in the month since I have been recording my workouts using my Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS enabled watch. I can view my training history at any time on the Motionbased.com web site and view my accumulated results. If someone would have told me in January of this year that I would run 60 plus miles in May I would have thought they were reading the wrong horoscope.

As I run longer, it is becoming more difficult to work the training runs into a normal work day. Running six miles currently takes me slightly more than an hour to complete.

Today I am going to begin training on hills. Hill training produces much more stress on your knees and legs than does track training. There a series of hills on the north side of Palmyra within the neighborhood where I grew up which are very formidable. I chosen a three mile route within this area.

Notes: My weight this morning was 190.6 lbs. I should have no problem with being under 190 pounds by the end of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment