Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Great Outdoors


During a bike ride yesterday I was awestruck to a degree by the amount of sensory information I was processing. The temperature was warm but comfortable, I could smell the fragrance of freshly cut grass, and a view of a very scenic overlook of the town of Palmyra from atop of Coffeetown hill. It was also nice seeing rabbits, squirrels, birds and wildlife in general.

Being a member of the white collared air-conditioned cubicle rank and file, I do not have the opportunity to sample nature's pleasantries very often. I do have a window seat which offers limited visual stimulation, as my view is a brick wall.

After doing some genealogical research a few years ago, I discovered my ancestors beginning in the 1820's within what today is Lebanon County were farm laborers. I don't know if this is why I seem to be predisposed to being comfortable in hot weather or not. I am looking forward to this summer and spending time outdoors with the family.

Notes: Did some speed work today. Ran a 400 meter dash as fast as I could eight times with a 1 minute 15 second rest in between runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment