Saturday, May 2, 2009

Mt Penn 5K - Race Day Eve


Our family had no plans for this weekend and the rain forecasted for today never materialized so we took a road trip to the Blue Marsh Lake near Reading. We also scouted the Mt Penn track, site of the Winning Kick race 5K tomorrow. It's on the intersection of Prospect and Byram streets.


I was disappointed in the track as it appeared to be a 20 year old cinder track at a playground. The neighborhood was also not very affluent. I hope the course is marked sufficiently that I do miss a turn anywhere. My initial observations was the area was not level, but replete with hills and valleys. I'll find out tomorrow.


The weather forecasted for tomorrow at 9:00 am is cloudy with a 30% chance of showers and a temperature of 55 degrees F.


I did not exercise today, so my hope is that I have some bottled up energy waiting to be expended tomorrow morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment