Thursday, March 25, 2010

Time Compression

In the course of training for the five kilometer race on Sunday, I noticed a five kilometer run does not last as long as it used to last year.  I am running five kilometers in a couple minutes shorter time, but I am experiencing much less mental anguish attempting to get through the run.

 Running five kilometers, roughly three miles, was very taxing on my body last year. I often had to contend with running with an abnormal gait due to a variety of muscle pulls and strains. Every step was laborious.


Fast forward to this year and a three mile run is now a walk in the park, a brief run, a quickie.  I remember being at several 5K races last year where some runners would go for a jog after the race.  That was unfathomable for me last year.  This year I believe I could run a mile after a race to cool down .

No comments:

Post a Comment