Thursday, March 18, 2010

Adding structure to training regimen

To a large degree my training regimen has consisted of runs on local streets at a comfortable pace with a closing sprint of a city block or two to finish the run. For the majority of last year, it was a credit to my health just to be able to finish a three, four or five mile training run. I had two running speeds last year - slow and slower.

All of my races this year will be six miles of less. I will be running at the local high school track more this spring and summer in an effort to build up my fast twitch muscles by running laps around the track as fast as I can. i.e. , speed work.

I would like to develop a training regimen which will facilitate keeping my training fresh and ensuring my motivation level remain high throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment