Friday, March 26, 2010

Frigid Race Temperature Forecasted

The temperature is forecasted to dip well below freezing tonight, as low as 24 degrees Fahrenheit in some areas.  The race is scheduled to commence at 9:00am and the temperature forecasted for then is only 30 degrees.  Fortunately there is no mention of high winds .

I had envisioned wearing shorts and a T-shirt for this race.  If this temperature forcast is accurate then this race will be colder than the 36 degree temps we had for the Run for the Cookies 10K in Berwick last month.  I will most likely be wearing a beanie, a long sleeve shirt, and my long compression pants. (My wife refers to the pants as leotards.)

I plan on leaving my mp3 player at home for this race.  I want to see if I am more focused on running if I do not listen to music as I run a race.
 
I may be facing an uphill battle in my attempt to break my personal record for five kilometers.

No comments:

Post a Comment