Tuesday, March 16, 2010

TD Bank Beach to Beacon 10K - I'm In

After a half hour of attempting to get to the registration web page on Saturday, I was finally able to view the magic Beach to Beacon 10K 'Click to Register' button. With an estimated 6,000 runners, this will be the largest race I have run by far. The largest race I had run previously was the 2009 New Haven CT 20K road race, with slightly over 2000 runners. As the race is in Maine, it will also represent the farthest I have traveled to race.

I like the distance of 10K (6.2 miles) coupled with the timing of the race in August. If I train hard this year I should be able to run six miles at a reasonably fast clip. I would like to finish in the top 25% of each race I run this year. Using last year's results as a basis when there were 5600 runners who finished the Beach to Beacon 10K, the 25th percentile (1400th place) came in at 49 minutes and 43 seconds, equivalent to an 8:01 minute per mile pace. I can achieve this goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment