Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March 2010: Get the Lead Out 5K Race

My next race will be run at the end of March in Ambler Pa. The web site URL is http://www.2young2go.org/ and benefits mesothelioma research. There are two races on the event schedule, a five kilometer and a ten kilometer race. The real men will be running the 10K race, while I will be running the 5K race.

I will have a decent chance to medal at this race. Nearly two-thirds of the runners last year raced in the 10K race. There are a fair amount of novice runners within a 5K benefit race. Funny thing is a medal is probably worth about $2.50, but earning one will give me one more story to tell when I am sitting around at a nursing home when I am older. (Or to my grandchildren if I live that long.)

I purchased the shoes above for about $15 at a web site called FirstTotheFinish.com. They are sprinter's shoes and are to be used at indoor and outdoor tracks. As soon as the weather warms up, I will be going to the local high school track and completing some speed work, i.e. wind-sprints.

No comments:

Post a Comment