Tuesday, March 2, 2010

February 2010 - Month in Review

In spite of the record setting snowfall accumulations in February I was able to emerge with a solid month of training. I ran sixty-four miles spanning a total of nine hours and twenty-five minutes. I was able to complete ten training sessions and one race.

My February training totals translate to an average pace of 8:51 per mile. While this pace marks a great improvement over last year, I still have some work to do with regard to accelerating my pace to a competitive level at the ten kilometer distance. In fairness, my runs in February averaged nearly six miles a pop.

In contrast, I anticipate my runs for March to be much shorter as I prepare for my next race. This race is called Get the Lead Out and is a five kilometer race in Ambler Pa.

No comments:

Post a Comment