Monday, March 22, 2010

Best Training Run Ever

We had the nicest weather this year this past weekend with the temperatures approaching 70 degrees, clear skies all around, and no humidity. I decided to go for a long run around town on Saturday while my youngest son was in the midst of his afternoon nap. Mom and my eldest son were outside working in the yard.

My muscles felt very loose and fluid for this run as the weather was warm and I was not bundled in layers to keep warm. Saturday March 21st was the first day I ran with shorts and a T-shirt this year. I decided to relax and just run at a comfortable pace - without any regard for my quarter-mile splits my Garmin Forerunner GPS watch was registering.

I was able to run seven and a half miles this Saturday at a pace faster than my last 10K (6.2 miles) race in February. I ran 7.5 miles at an 8:14 per mile clip, while I ran ran the 6.2 mile race at an 8:17 pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment