Wednesday, March 10, 2010

TD Bank Beach to Beacon 10K Lottery

My wife and I recently fell in love with the state of Maine and like to travel there if opportunities and/or funds present themselves. The premier road running race in Maine is called the TD Bank Beach to Beacon 10K. The race was created largely through the efforts of Joan Benoit-Samuelson, a 1984 Olympic marathon Gold Medalist.

The race is a point to point race, not surprisingly from a beach to the famous Portland Headlight Lighthouse. The race is on Saturday August 7th and will feature world class runners. Over 10,000 spectators are expected to line the race.

On Saturday March 13th, there will be an online lottery to award the first 4000 runners entry into the race. I did not fare well with my first lottery, the Cherry Blossom Festival in Washignton D.C., maybe my fortunes will turn for the better for this race.

By the end of the summer I would like to run ten kilometers in 48 minutes and change. My current personal record is 51:44.

No comments:

Post a Comment