Wednesday, July 1, 2009

87 Days to Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon

I have just completed my fourth month of training this year and have only three more months to go until I run my first half marathon. After a very depressing and injury-ridden June, I am looking forward to getting back on track in July.

I had an excellent workout yesterday where I was able to able to achieve a sprinting speed of 11 mph, as recorded by my Garmin Forerunner 305 watch. I have not run at that speed for over a month.

There is a 5K race in Norristown PA on Saturday July 4th. Norristown is about 90 minutes east using the PA Turnpike. They have 60 awards to present and currently only 50 runners are registered. The 5K race begins at 9:00 AM. It's been a couple of weeks since I have raced and as a result have a competitive itch which needs to be scratched.

No comments:

Post a Comment