Monday, July 27, 2009

Training Composition Change

By and large and I am going to eliminate training on the high school track and convert primarily to long distance and hill running on local roads. I am also going to dedicate two days per week to working with weights. I need to begin completing runs on the order of 8, 10 and 12 miles. A ten mile run on the track would require forty circuits about the track. Even with an MP3 player buzzing in my ears, running that many loops would be very taxing on the boredom threshold.

I ran for 6.2 miles (10K) yesterday on roads throughout town at a comfortable pace. I believe I wound up averaging about 9:40 per mile for a total of 59 minutes and 54 seconds.

I would like to finish the half marathon in under 2 hours. This translates to an average page of 9 minutes and 10 seconds per mile. If I had to venture a guess now where I will finish I would say in the vicinity of 2 hrs and 5 minutes. This translates to a 9:33 per mile pace. I would like to close this gap in the next two months.

I sent in an application today for my last race before the half marathon. It's the 32nd annual Twilight Trot 10K in Elizabethtown PA on Sunday August 23rd. This is an evening race. I would like to better my current 10K PR from 59 minutes and 34 seconds to something less than 55 minutes. This will be my twelfth race of the year.

excerpted from http://activenet2.active.com/gears/
Enjoy this scenic 10k race at the beautiful grounds of Masonic Village. Race is broken into age and gender categories. Register on-line or call GEARS for an entry form (367-0355). Twilight Trot is supported by Abraham C. Treichler Lodge #682.


No comments:

Post a Comment