Friday, July 10, 2009

Freshburst Lay of the Land

Thanks to a website named http://www.gmap-pedometer.com I was able to get a read for the elevation changes, i.e. uphills and downhills for the Freshburst five mile run in Lititz PA on Saturday morning.

The race begins with a mild uphill for the first mile. The first to second mile part of the course is all downhill and should prove to be one of my fastest mile splits of the day. The second to third mile appears to be a series of small rolling hills. The hardest part of the course is a hill from the three to 3.5 mile mark. The last mile and a half of the race is downhill which should aid in finishing with a decent split. The last mile of the race also serves as the first mile of the race.

I do not feel especially invigorated today as I am generally sore from the amount of running I completed this week. Hopefully I will wake up tomorrow morning re-energized.

I hope my son Dylan has fun in his race. It's a 40 yard sprint. He enjoys getting the race goodie bags these events dole out.

No comments:

Post a Comment