Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Weight Loss - The Next Frontier


Losing the first 12-14 pounds for me was not very difficult and happened much quicker than I had anticipated. Re-orienting my lifestyle to be a more active one combined with a healthier diet contributed to this initial weight loss. The majority of this initial weight loss was most likely water weight.

My next 10 pounds, down to 190 lbs - is proving to be much more difficult to attain. I set a weight loss low since I started traning in March of 195.6 pounds today. (After a 35 minute run) I have not seen 190 on my scale for ten years.

I imagine being outside more and generally doing more outdoor work should facilitate getting down to 190 pounds. Hopefully I have another 6-7 pounds of winter insulation available to shed.

We recently purchased a family pet, a Cockapoo puppy named Mandy. Long story short - I have to manually dig about a 1/2 dozen post holes in the back yard to complete our fence in the back yard. At $80 a 6ft section (w/post), vinyl fencing gets expensive really quickly. Then we can let the dog roam behind the house w/out chasing her around. I should lose a couple of pounds for this first item on my spring 'honey-do' list.


164 days til race day !!

No comments:

Post a Comment