Monday, April 27, 2009

Ready - Set - Go


I have completed the most athletic weekend of my life this past weekend. On Saturday April 25th I biked 25 miles, from Palmyra to the city of Lebanon and back. I followed this with a combination run-walk of six miles on Sunday.

Saturday morning (Apr 25th) I received an email from a race sponsor who had 45 awards to dole out and only 35 entrants for the race. The race is the Winning Kick 5K in Reading PA on Sunday May 3rd. I signed up for the race. I believe I have it in me to run 3.1 miles (5K) . The running norm is to set a goal for the race where if you achieve the goal you'll be happy and if you don't you'll be disappointed. Being a couch potato for the last eight years, I am grateful to finish the race. My previous effort at running three miles last month resulted in myself pulling up lame with calf cramps after only a mile into the trek.

The family will be there to provide support. While Tyler is too young to grasp this event, I hope Dylan will be impacted by his father working hard to achieve goals. Too often children are handed most everything they desire without having to outlay any effort in obtaining their wants. I would like Dylan and Tyler to both be hard workers focusing their efforts on setting and achieving goals, regardless of the pursuit.

My weight this morning was 190.8 pounds - a full twenty pound weight loss since I began my training program. Unfortunately I easily have another ten pounds to lose before I have no semblance of a pot belly. After the run On Sunday, I was down to 188.2 pounds.

My 7th wedding anniversary is today. Going to eat a decent meal at the Olive Garden restaurant in Harrisburg.

No comments:

Post a Comment