Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Peaceful Easy Feeling


After two full months of exercise I am finally starting to feel like an athlete again. My workout yesterday consisted of a 4 mile walk/run. Usually the day after I am stiff as a board and in very much pain. Remarkably I felt very well this morning. I could tell I ran yesterday, but I was not limping or walking very gingerly.

My goal for this week is to run 14 miles. I have four of them in so far. I plan to do four more on Thursday and six miles on Sunday.

Running is not yet enjoyable for me, but it is now proving to reap rewards with respect to relaxation. Prior to running I was a bundle of nervous energy with no healthy outlet for this energy. Now I am very at ease, relaxed, after a run. Since the post-run pain has gone on a hiatus I feel I have cleansed my 'system' after a run.

Notes: I am getting hooked on Breakstone's 5.5 oz Cottage (cheese) Doubles. It's a single serving size of cottage cheese with either strawberries (fav), pineapple or blueberry fruit on the side. Cottage cheese has more protein and half the sugar calories than yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment