Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spousal Support Appreciation


Achieving this goal for a married man can not be done without the love and understanding of his wife. I have tried my best to run as much as I can at times when the kids are sleeping, e.g. early in the mornings or occasionally during a lunch. Invariably I need to have mom watch the kids several evenings a week while I go on a run. This means mom watches the kids all day and a majority of the evening. Mom has been very gracious in providing 'overtime babysitting.'

Mom has been very supportive in this effort. From buying healthy groceries to cooking healthy meals, our whole family has benefited. Even when I had to take two weeks off from running because my knees could not sustain the rigors of getting back in shape she did not ask me to quit and pursue a more age appropriate endeavor.

I am very grateful from the bottom of my heart for her support.


BREAKING NEWS: I will be running a 'tune-up' half marathon on Sunday June 28th in Fairfield, Connecticut - about a four hour drive for us. It's called the 29th Annual Stratton-Faxon Fairfield half marathon. Stratton-Faxon is a legal firm based in the Fairfield area. http://www.fairfieldhalf.org/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment