Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Flu Season is Here

The whole family has come down with the flu, including myself. As much as I would like to run Friday night in Lewisburg, it has been my experience this year if I am feeling less than 100% for a race, I do not perform well.

I have been losing weight because of the flu. I am down to 183 pounds.

I would like to save my energy for the one mile race in Manheim next wednesday evening. I'd like to complete the mile in 6 minutes and 35 seconds. A great time for a part-time runner like myself, but I need to be running at a 5 minute and 15 second mile clip to be among the fastest runners in my age group.

I have been getting shin splits on my runs lately because my sneaker cushioning has all but worn out. I have about 350 miles of running logged on these sneakers. The uppers of the sneakers as well as the soles look great. I probably could get a few more miles out of these by putting in a new insole. (a.k.a., insert, footbed, orthotic, sockliner)


No comments:

Post a Comment