Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Friday Night Race At Bucknell U

While searching for races to run this October I found a website called GetSetPA. It's billed as 'what's happening in Pennsylvania Active Sports.' The town of Lewisburg Pa is hosting a five kilometer race this Friday night at 8:00 pm. The URL is http://www.lewisburgtriathlon.com/lewisburglights5k/

I am intrigued by the prospect of running at night under the lights, barring cold temperatures and windy conditions. The course is a two loop course, i.e., you run the same roads twice. This should help in pacing for the run.

For my last two mile run, I ran the first mile in about 6:45 and the second mile in about 7:45. If I were able to run the third mile in about 8:30 I would be able to set a PR. It is imperative I learn to appreciably slow down on the first mile. If I averaged 7:30 mile paces for each mile I would have an awesome personal 5k time.

This running season is fast coming to a close. I recently applied for a temporary warehouse job to help pay off our credit cards and save some cash for Christmas so I do not anticipate having the time to do competitive runs for quite some time. It appears running will not pick up again until late April of 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment