Saturday, September 19, 2009

Durability

In any athletic pursuit it's one matter to have ability and quite another to have durability. For nearly every race I have run this year I have had a physical ailment to contend with and the race tomorrow will be no different. My groin injury from nearly two weeks ago persists. I can run, but have no idea if I will develop an intense cramp up I did this past Tuesday when I was forced to stop training just shy of five kilometers.

I have to work on both strength training and flexibility this running off season. I initially was going to work solely on strength training, but realized I need to get both stronger and more flexible. Much like anything in life you have to strike a happy medium between the two.

I have not been injured to the degree where I had to quit a race while running. My leg does not feel up to par yet and I am very concerned about not being able to finish tomorrow. I will walk if I have to in oder to finish the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment