Tuesday, September 1, 2009

August 09 - Month in Review

I would have to say August was my best month of running this year. I set a personal best for the 5K with a time of 23 minutes and 19 seconds on August 8th at the Run for Reading in Mechanicsburg Pa. I also recorded my second best 5K time at 24 minutes and 14 seconds at the Tim Russell Memorial in Hershey on August 29th.

I eclipsed the 100 mile mark for the month of August. I trained for approximately 88 miles and ran races totaling 12 miles. I was relatively injury free, with the exception of the gum infection affliction of the weekend of Aug 22nd & 23rd.

We had a very mild August this year. I was able to get out and run nearly every day I had scheduled a run. I believe in the years to come Augusts will be more hot and humid.

Figuratively speaking, I am currently at the base of the mountains I want to climb. I have worked hard to get to where I am at today. I have run over 300 miles this year. I have a 20K race and a half marathon to run in September. I am ready to scale these mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment