Friday, September 11, 2009

Forever Friends Memorial 5K Run

I decided to run a tune-up race prior to my half marathon at the end of the month. It is a five kilometer run in Myerstown at the Elco high school next Sunday, September 20th. This race is scheduled for the afternoon. I imagine the race is in the afternoon to afford people the opportunity to attend church services in the morning as Myerstown is a very religious town

I am assuming I will be sufficiently healed from my current groin injury. I am feeling much better today. I can walk without a limp.

I ran a 24:16 at my last 5K race. For several reasons, I believe I could have broke 24 minutes very easily. If the weather and course in Myerstown cooperate, I would like to run a 23:30'sh time next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment