Sunday, September 20, 2009

Pre Forever Friends Memorial 5K Thoughts

My left groin injury feels good today. A trace amount of pain persists. I believe if I stretch and warm up appropriately before the race, I should not run into muscle cramping issues.

I weighed in this morning at 186 pounds, my lowest weight of the year. This is surprising because I have only run twice in the last two weeks. I personally felt like I was putting on weight. We'll see if weighing four pounds less than my last run will have any impact on m y performance today.

This is a 1 pm afternoon race. I usually run around 8:30 in the morning, an hour or so after waking up for the day. I should not have any morning cobwebs this afternoon.

I have three pace zones I have established for today's run. These are all half-kilometer paces. 2:20 is a fast, PR speed pace, 2:25 is medium pace, on par with my last 24min 16sec effort and finally a slow 2:30 or 25 minute pace. If I run a 25 minute 5K today, something went wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment