Thursday, October 1, 2009

To Run Or Not To Run

I know I have a mild case of the flu but I am really anxious to run a race. There are several races this weekend. There is a night race tomorrow in Lewisburg and Saturday morning there are three races. One run is in Lebanon and is called Levi's 5K Run @ 9:00am. Another is in Northumberland called Pineknotter 5K Fall Fudge Run at the same time. In a town called Newville in Cumberland County there is a Fall Down on the Trail 5K Race & Hike at 9:00 am also. The Friday race is a road race while all of the Saturday runs are trail runs.

If I approach a race this weekend as a training run, maybe I will run a better race. When I say better, I mean a more evenly distributed pace per mile race. I often run too quickly at the onset of a race, only to limp across the finish line at the end.

I may go for a short run today to see how well I do or do not feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment