Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Stiegel One Mile Run in Manheim

I am looking forward to running this race tomorrow evening in Manheim. I used to be a sprinter in high school and feel more comfortable running shorter length races. With the longer races, i am usually anxious regarding whether I have trained sufficiently for them. I know I have a mile of energy within myself.

It is supposed to rain tomorrow, but it should clear before this evening race. With the sun setting around 6:00pm, I will most likely be running under the street lights. My only concern at this point is it is supposed to be windy. Fortunately this course is an L - shaped course covering two streets. The wind should only be a factor on one of the two streets.

Here are one mile excerpts from some of my recent races.

Oct 03rd - Ran a 3:34 half mile and a 7:21 mile on first mile of a 5K race
Sep 26th - Ran a 3:16 half mile and 6:43 mile on first mile of a two mile race
Sep 20th - Ran a 3:20 half mile and 7:05 mile on first mile of a 5K race

At the Paxton Fest 2 mile run I was able to run the first mile in 6:43. I would like
t0 finish this race at about 6:28. I will set up my Garmin Forerunner watch to give me quarter-mile splits.

My magic split number will be 1:37. If I hit four 1:37 splits, I will achieve my 6 minutes a 28 seconds mile goal.

My current personal record for a mile is 6:54, from the Miller's Mutual mile on July 15th in Harrisburg.

My splits from the Miller's Mutual mile were
1/4 mile : 1:32
1/2 mile: 1:44
3/4 mile: 1:49
1 mile: 1:49 (total of 6:54)

Note:All times are from my Garmin Forerunner watch, as opposed to any course timings.

No comments:

Post a Comment