Monday, October 19, 2009

Excellent Training Runs

My last couple of training runs have been as effortless as I have experienced this year. I believe the basis for this is the cooler temperatures and low humidity. Being injury free for the first time in a month and a half also helps the miles go by a little quicker.

One noticeable element of my running which has improved appreciably in the last two races has been my ability to pace myself throughout the race. By conserving some energy in the first segment of a race, I am opening the door for strong finishes. As a result of my improved personal energy store management, my times have markedly improved.

The Frosty Kerny 10K in Hamburg PA was postponed until this Saturday October 24th due to the cold, windy and rainy conditions last Saturday. While the temperatures for this Saturday are forecasted to be in the 50's, they are calling for rain again on Saturday. My personal record for a 10K is 59:34. This is a terrible time. The MacMillan running web site suggests I should be running a sub 50 minute 10K given my recent 5K performances. In order to do this I would have to average 8 minute miles for the 6.2 miles which constitute a ten kilometer run.

No comments:

Post a Comment