Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Kidney Stones Again

I imagine most middle aged people like myself have a health concern which is persistent to some degree.  Some folks may have migraines while others endure  acid reflux or even arthritis.  Kidney stones appear to be the issue I will contend with for some time.

Since I started running in March of 2009 I have been remarkably healthy.  This past weekend I was remarkably unhealthy.  On Friday evening I had a sinus cold the likes of which I do not remember.  After I rid my sinus cold with some effective meds on Saturday, my right kidney began to radiate an excruciating amount of pain. It never escalated to the point I had to go to the emergency room - but it was very painful nonetheless.

I did not run this weekend, nor this Monday.  Even after the kidney stone pain subsides, my abdominal area in general is sore from scrunching in pain for hours upon end.

I was able to run today.  I wanted to run five miles, but cut the run short to four miles because I felt very weak. On a positive note, I surpassed my one hundredth hour of running this year. My next run will take me over the 700 mile mark for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment