Friday, November 5, 2010

ING New York City marathon

One of the nations largest marathon's is being run tomorrow (Nov 6th), the ING New York City marathon.  New York city is only three hours away.  I would love to run this marathon someday.  The entry fee runs about $200 - so it is not cheap.

There is a female runner named Shalene Flanigan who is making her marathon debut. On the men's side I will be tracking a runner named Galen Rupp.  An Ethiopian runner named Haile Gebrselassie is my favorite to win this race. Update: He dropped out at mile 16 and retired from running altogether.

I am not going to run a marathon in 2011 - however, I will most likely make a Boston qualifier marathon attempt in 2012.  If I am successful, I will run the Boston marathon to celebrate my 50th birthday in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment