Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Two Weeks til Showtime

My next race is on Labor Day in York, Pa. It is called the Quarterback Club of York 5K. If you click on the view elevation button at the bottom of the map displayed below you'll see the first half of the course is slightly uphill while the second half is downhill.

I am going to forecast my chances of besting my 21:37 5K personal record based upon the prevailing temperature at race time.  The race is set to begin at 8:30 am.  If the temperature at race time is 65 degrees or less, I will guarantee a new personal 5K record.  I have experienced first hand recently if I don't have to contend with heat and humidity I will perform much better.

I will have had  registered one complete month of solid training for this race.  (My last race being the Aug 7th Beach to Beacon 10K in Maine) I believe my adrenaline will be very high once the starting gun goes off for this race.



No comments:

Post a Comment