Monday, August 30, 2010

Kidneys Functioning AOK Again ?

I had a follow up doctor visit last Friday relating to a  blood test I had the week prior. One of the tests was geared toward determining how well my kidney's were functioning. I was concerned I had not altered my running significantly to impact my kidney functionality since my last blood test about a month ago.

Much to my surprise the kidney functioning test (GFR) came back normal.  My doctor had asked me what I had done which may have resulted in the normal test. The only substantial change I had made in my training routine was to eliminate long runs over seven miles. Since that time I have made a resolution to not run in temperatures over 85 degrees.

I will be convinced my kidneys are back to normal after another blood test, scheduled for some time in October. Until then I will be guardedly optimistic regarding my kidneys being normal again.

No comments:

Post a Comment