Friday, August 13, 2010

Next Race - Quarterback Club of York 5K

My next, and most likely last, attempt this year to set a personal record for the 5K will be on Monday September 6th in York. I feel I am primed to set a PR if both the temperature and the race course layout cooperate. The race sponsors tout their course as a very fast course. 

My wife resumes her pursuit for her bachelor's degree at the end of this month.  I will need to subordinate my desire to train often to my wife's study demands.  I am very proud of her.  W were most fortunate to have been the recipient of an unexpected boost of income from my job, albeit a marginal increase.  Without this increase we did not have the funds to further her studies this fall.

The irony regarding my run in the Beach to Beacon 10K run in Maine is that I went into the run carrying only a desire to have a good time.  I had set my intentions for attaining a personal record for the 10K on the shelf.   I am wondering if being more relaxed going into a race is part of the prescription for a great run.

I have to admit I am very pleased with the progress I have made this year.  My fastest 10K (6.2 miles) time from last year was a doggedly slow 59:31.  I shaved over 12 minutes off this time to get to a respectable 46:56 (46 minutes and 56 seconds) time.

As the 2010 running season comes to a close, I am optimistic regarding my evolution as a runner next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment