Tuesday, May 18, 2010

PA DUI Assn 10K Race


I have decided to run the PA DUI Association 10K in early June in Harrisburg.  The run is entirely along the Susquehanna river and is on a very flat trail along Front Street.  Google lists the trail as the Capital Area Greenbelt.


This race will mark my beginning of the summer or baseline ten kilometer time.  I will then have eight weeks to train for the Beach to Beacon 10K race in Maine.  The B2B race will be my featured race of the year. This year's B2B race will have about 6500 runners.

The trail along the Susquehanna river is an awesome run.  I ran along the Susquehanna during the Harrisburg Marathon last year. I don't know if there is a scientific basis for this sentiment,but I feel I derive some energy from the water within the river. I don't believe Front Street will be closed for this event .  Front Street is the road which runs parallel to the trail and river.

I believe the runners within this race are very talented but I also recognize the course will be a very fast one.  Weather conditions permitting, I should be in a great position to set a new ten kilometer personal record.  My current 10K PR is 51:45, which is not a very respectable time.  10K = 6.2 miles

I have not run a race since April 10th.  I am very anxious to line up at the starting line at Millersville this weekend.  There are three one mile heats - one for the old men (myself included), one for the young men and one for the women.

No comments:

Post a Comment