Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lebanon VA 5K



The weather for this Saturday morning is forecasted to be in the low 60's, a perfect temperature for a run.

I typically do not like to run a race on consecutive weekends, because there's not much progress to be made in the week between the races. I did not pre-register for this race.  I'll have to register for the race Saturday morning.  Fortunately the race fee is only $18.  In many cases, you will pay $25 or more if you register the day of the race.


I would like to finish this race in 22 minutes and 30 seconds or average 7 minutes and 15 seconds per mile.   My magic quarter mile split time will be 1:48.  If I can hold a 1:48 per 1/4 mile split for thirteen consecutive quarter miles I will reach my goal.  I will have my omnipresent Garmin GPS watch set to give me the splits on Saturday.


The Lebanon VA 5K and the PA DUI Assn 10K will serve as my  beginning of the summer benchmark races.  I will train for the entire summer and then run the Beach to Beacon 10K and the Tim Russell Memorial 5K in August.


The URL for this race is http://www.va5k.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment