Thursday, November 19, 2009

To Turkey Trot or Not Turkey Trot

There are two local 5 kilometer races next Thursday on Thanksgiving day. The first is called Sticks and Bones Thanksgiving day 5K and is run in my hometown of Palmyra. The proceeds benefit Palmyra's ice hockey program. The second race is in New Cumberland and is called the Turkey Trot 5K. All proceeds from this race will go to the Vickie’s Angel Walk FOUNDATION to help provide financial assistance for local families fighting cancer.

Pretzel City sports will be timing the New Cumberland race. I enjoy running Pretzel City races because you are ensured the race will be well organized. Another bonus is the race results are posted online within a day or two.

Each race is charging $25 to run. We are in the midst of saving for both Christmas and my wife's resumption of her pursuit of a college degree. In addition, running the marathon has really drained my running motivational level. In a way, I have climbed to the proverbial mountain top and now I am resting before I begin another climb. I would like to achieve my last goal of running 500 miles this year though ...

No comments:

Post a Comment