Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Celebration of Running

I believe I need to go into Sunday morning's marathon run with the mindset it will be a celebration of a season of running. I will not qualify for the Boston marathon this weekend. No one is pushing me to run a sub four hour marathon. The weather is forecasted to be warm and sunny on Sunday. Finishing this race should become a day to remember for the rest of my life.

My sons are too young to have any regard for this potential accomplishment, but I am hoping some day, if I am able to garner enough respect and admiration from them as they grow older, they will follow in their dad''s footsteps and beat my time. Both of my son's already have an athletic build, only time will tell if they will have an athletic mindset.

I find it amazing their exists about 800 other crazy people who are carving this Sunday morning out of their lives to run and walk 26.2 miles in Harrisburg.

Select Medical Corporation is the primary sponsor for this race. I used to work for a manager named Bruce Shearer who at one time worked for SMC. He could still be there now, maybe I will see him again Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment