Thursday, January 13, 2011

Winter Blues

It has been four days since I have run outdoors. The weather had been extremely cold as of late. My last run was a very taxing seven mile run. I have rationalized not running this long by focusing on the benefits of my body recovering fully before my next run.

There are seventy-nine days until my next race, the Ukrops Monument Ave 10K in Virginia. I have to constantly remind myself this race is not an Olympic trials qualifier. I tend to take my races more seriously than necessary. I am enjoying the journey to improve my running, but I am not a single professional runner with hours upon hours to dedicate to this endeavor.

I am scheduled to do an interval run as my next workout. In essence, I will run at about 98% of my maximum heart rate for a quarter of a mile and then jog for a quarter of a mile. I'll complete five sets of this run - jog combination. Factor in a warm-up run and cool down run and I should complete about four miles for this training session.

We'll see how well my Jack Daniels' training program works in about eleven weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment