Friday, September 24, 2010

Paxton Fest Two Mile Run Tomorrow

I am going into this race in a very low key fashion.  The last several races I have put a fair amount of pressure on myself to achieve a specific time goal.  My current personal record (PR) for two miles is 14:28.  The last two 5K races I have hit the two mile mark at 14:10.  Barring an injury, I will have a new two mile PR.

My youngest son's birthday is fast approaching and we need to same money for his birthday.  We are contemplating taking a family trip for his birthday.  Running has served to eliminate the lethargy I used to suffer from., although I have seen my medication was a partial contributor to my lethargy. I am glad I have more energy now, because he is very active and loves to play

My youngest son loves to run.  We constantly race both inside the house (we have what amounts to a fifteen foot long oval among the kitchen and dining room ) and outside in the back yard. I sometimes wish we had  family here to share our joy in raising our kids. I say sometimes,  because I am already resigned to having our kids grow up with little personal involvement from our immediate families.

My blood pressure has been abnormally high lately.  I need to research how to find a new personal doctor. Prolonged high blood pressure is not conducive to longevity.  I recently watched a movie called Legends of the Fall where Anthony Hopkins plays Brad Piit's father.  Anthony Hopkins' character has a stroke and he does an excellent portrayal of what a person would have to endure after a stroke.  It's not pretty.  The movie is an excellent one, although I am not sure why it is titled as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment