Friday, April 23, 2010

Technique Drills Recovery

I purposely did not try to complete too many repetitions of the various Pete Magill inspired technique drills.  I used a variety of muscles in my legs which I had not employed for any activities for  years.  Most of the techniques addressed my legs range of motion.   Because I warmed up by running a mile and a half, I was fortunate I did not pull any muscles.

I ran a mile to cool down after the technique drills. My leg muscles were so sore I turned in a mile cool down time in excess of nine minutes.

I am much more sore today than I had ever imagined from doing the technique drills.  I had planned on running today, but will instead dedicate the day to recovering from yesterday's drills. 


My next race is exactly a month away, on May 23rd.  It is a one mile run.  The fastest I have ever run a mile is six minutes and eight seconds, at the 1997 Smith Barney Mile in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.  I have every intention of setting a new personal record for the one mile next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment