Tuesday, April 6, 2010

March 2010 Month End Summary

I ran a total of  50 miles in March over the course of thirteen outings.  This consumed six hours and fifty one minutes.  That translates to an average 8:09 pace per mile, a very fast average pace for myself.  The average length of my runs for this month was 3.84 miles, the shortest average I have had for quite some time.

I trained the entire month for the race on the last weekend.  Most of my runs were on the order of 3.5 miles in order to get in shape for the 3.1 mile (5 kilometer) Get the Lead Out race on March 27th.  This worked very well for me as I set a personal record for five kilometers, breaking the twenty three minute mark at 22:58.

Knock on wood - I have been injury free for several months.  I attribute this to training within my limits and my body becoming more durable in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment