Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April 2010 Race

There is not a plethora of races available to run in April.  I was able to find a race in the Philadelphia area this weekend.  The Ridley 3.1 run is unique in the course is of the point to point type.  The runners will be be transported from the parking lot near the finish line to the start of the race at the local YMCA.  This race is being run very early in the morning and as a result the temperatures will most likely be in the upper 40'a or low 50's.

I recently recorded my best 400 meter lap around the local high school track.  I was able to circumnavigate the oval in seventy five seconds.  My first 400 meter lap last year required double the amount of time or one hundred fifty seconds.  I have come a long way in terms of getting back in shape.  I vaguely remember being able to run 400 meters in 65 seconds in high school.  A surprising aspect is I ran the second half of the lap slower than the first. That in itself is not surprising, the fact that I can do even better is more surprising.

No comments:

Post a Comment