Monday, July 19, 2010

Case of Dead Legs

I have not had very good workouts leading up to this one mile race on Wednesday in Harrisburg.  I keep track of my workouts and the times it requires me to complete them .  I ran 3/4 of a mile repeats on Sunday morning and was not able to match the times I had posted two weeks ago.

If you can imagine having a pogo stick without the spring mechanism present to enable bouncing about, then you have an idea of how my legs have been functioning recently.  I do not have the spring or bounce I have had for the majority of the summer.

In order to combat this condition I have only run once in the last week. It's my hope this extended recovery time will serve to help in having any kind of energy reserves for the last quarter mile of the mile race. I will get through the first quarter mile of the race on adrenaline only.

I have put a fair amount of unnecessary pressure upon myself to set a new personal record by breaking my current 5:57 mark. While their are indications I have a very good chance of setting a new mark, there are also indications I may have a tough time equaling the mark. I am sure once I get near the starting line pre-race I will be very eager to prove I can set a new personal record.

No comments:

Post a Comment