Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Run for the Cookies 10K Training

February has been an excellent training month for me. In spite of missing opportunities for running due to a couple of snowstorms, I am on pace for logging over sixty miles and eight hours of running for the month.

I have been completing training runs averaging nearly six miles a run this month. Last night I had the best ten kilometer training run I have had to date, averaging nearly eight minutes and thirty seconds a mile for over six miles (6.2). This translates to about a 53 minute 10 K time, which is over six minutes faster than my current 10K personal record.

I am going to create a web site that catalogs my racing experiences in greater detail in the near future. I want to create distinct categories such as pre-race thoughts, course maps, entry form, race results and post race thoughts and catalog my experiences throughout the year.

Reminder: Lebanon Valley College has a 5K fun run in April - need to get details regarding this years incarnation.

No comments:

Post a Comment