Friday, March 4, 2011

February 2011 Review

I have cataloged my training runs since May of 2009 using both the Garmin Connect and the Running Ahead web sites. At the end of every month I like to compare my set of training runs for the month to the year's prior training runs.

In February of 2010 I ran eleven times for a total of sixty-four miles.  This year I was only able to run nine times for a total of fifty-five miles in the month of February.  We had a very cold spell during the second week of February this year which resulted in losing nearly a week of training.  One major difference between February 2010 and 2011 is I worked out ten times this February, albeit using a Nintendo Wii fitness game by EA Sports called Active 2. Overall, I am much more fit this year.

It's my hope my training is more focused this year.  By focused I am referring to the types of the running used to train such as interval training, threshold training and long distance running.  I had purchased the Jack Daniels Running Formula book with the hopes of following a prescribed regimen religiously.  I have not been able to following the training workout by workout.

One major accomplishment during February 2011 was a twelve mile training run.  This was the longest training run I have ever completed.  Although as is so often with my long runs, I had a problems with my kidneys again.

I have about four weeks until I run the Ukrops Monument Avenue 10K.  I have been training diligently for this race, but have not by any means over-trained during this past month.

No comments:

Post a Comment